"Why am I not losing weight, I've tried several weight loss methods, followed very strict diet plans, been to the gym over and over again but I am still not able to get rid of this weight that is haunting me. What at all should I do?" If you are the one asking this question, then remember, you are not alone because a lot of people have been asking this same question over and over again when in actual sense, the solution is very near than you think. There are so many things that always hang around trying to drag you back into being overweight. This guide will help you to avoid these dangers or monsters so that you can enjoy a wonderful weight loss. Below are 6 weight loss mistakes that you need to avoid at all cost.
1. Not setting realistic goals. Many people usually lose touch with reality when setting out their weight loss goals by writing or setting down goals that are humanly impossible. You must set your goals starting with a small target and when the target is achieved, you can decide to increase your goal by going an extra mile when the need arises. If you hear someone saying that he lost a large number of pounds in a short time, don't make it your goal to match his performance because results vary from one person to another.
2. Abusing the gym thereby abusing your body. One common mistake made by many is becoming over enthused to the point that they find themselves going to the gym every day. Your body is made up of tissues and overworking the body makes most of the tissues to be worn. The worn-out tissues must be repaired and this can only be done by the body being given time to rest. When you don't let your body rest, it will become fatigue and that is where you will not be able to exercise as you would like to and that would be a greater disadvantage to you. Give yourself some days in the week to rest before resuming going to the gym again. Remember that years of fat accumulation in the body cannot be undone in a month or less. So stop abusing your body and allow it to rest.
3. Rushing into the toughest diets you can find. You may out of desperation have chosen strict diet but as time goes on, you will get very frustrated and will eventually give up as the body will start demanding those foods you've denied it for that long time. Avoid strict and tough diets and it will help you to lose weight.
4. Starving yourself. One mistake that I've noticed is, people try to starve themselves not remembering that the body needs food to be able to function very well. When you do that the body will start demanding more food from you and will force you to overeat to compensate for those times you kept food away from it. Make sure to drop the fast foods and snacks from your daily eating plan and avoid the soft drinks.
5. Doing the same thing over and over again. There is one very powerful tool that makes people who wants to lose weight to lose motivation and that tool is doing the same thing for a long time. Find variations on a classic exercise and try them out and choose those exercises that excite you.
6. Competing with others. One other problem with losing weight is, competing with others. As you get partners in your weight loss mission, some will begin seeing very drastic weight loss whiles others will start seeing any significant weight loss in a month's time. Since our bodies work in different ways, one person may begin to lose weight in less than a week whiles another will see significant change in his or her weight loss in a month's time. As you compare yourself and try every effort to beat your partner, a time will surely come for you to feel frustrated and eventually give up when you realize you are making progress in a slower manner whiles your partner is getting to his target in a rapid manner.
Now get up and start your way to a permanent weight loss and I believe you will no more be asking the avoidable question, "why am I not losing weight" again in your life.